|If you're looking to 'Rejuvinate" at a quiet
family resort - get away to our Brainerd Resort.
Here's an extensive list of Things to Do from our resort.
While at Shing Wako Resort you can have:
Water & Beach Time
- 200 ft of beautiful sandy beach to
relax in one of the many chaise loungers that line our
beach, or build sandcastles!
- There is plenty of room to fish, water
ski or jet ski responsibly!
- Rent a boat or pontoon right here!
- Let the kids have good old fashioned fun catching (and
releasing) frogs, minnows, turtles and viewing other
- Our paddleboats, single and double
kayaks, paddleboards, canoe and life
jackets are included
with your cabin rental.
- Lake Edward is over 2000 acres in
size; about two miles north and south and one mile east
sell gas and oil and provide dock-side service.
- Rent dock space, a
boat lift or sea anchor.
- Fish cleaning is by the
lake, and extra freezer space is available!
- Licenses and bait are available at
very nearby gas stations.
Fun on the Land
- Eleven park-like acres to play and
- Ask for a
"walking map" for a few 3 - 4
mile walks right from our
- Two playgrounds, walking paths, hook & ring, horseshoe
pit, volleyball, tetherball and basketball court. With lots of green space to play bocce ball, baseball,
football, and more...
- In case of a rainy day you can take a
nap (nothing like a nap at the lake), watch cable TV or use our free Wi-Fi.
- Enjoy sharing time around your own
campfire. We sell wood and deliver it to your fire ring!
Please purchase locally
to reduce the spread of pests.
- Well maintained and paved drives -
For bike riding, skating, scooting and more. Every year
kids learn to ride their "two wheelers" here!
- Bird watching - Our lake, wetlands and higher
ground; with deciduous and pine trees provide habitat
for a large variety of birds.
- Massage -
Available upon request; at or near our resort!
- In and around our office, resort
grounds, beach and laundry room (which also doubles as a storm shelter) we have
assorted sports equipment, board games, magazines and books to
- To purchase, we have clothing, ice, treats,
Enjoy free use of
our paddleboards in the clear water, sandy bottom and a very gradual
depth of Lake Edward.
fun! Climb, slide or swing close to the lake.
Every year kids learn to ride their bikes here!